Diabetes for Dummies Review: Symptoms, Cause, and Treatment
If you are having diabetes now and you do not know what to do, this diabetes for dummies review may help! These days, diabetes becomes one of the most dangerous diseases in humans. At first, you probably think that it is fine having diabetes. However, if it is not treated immediately, it could possibly become a deadly disease. As it is known, diabetes becomes one of leading cause of death in several countries. That is why, as you are having diabetes, you need to treat it as soon as possible.
Understand Your Type Using diabetes for dummies Book
Commonly, the diabetes is known as a disease which causes high blood glucose levels. This can happen due to its insulin production is less or the cells do no react as it should be to insulin. Diabetes is actually divided into several types; each type has different symptoms and treatments. Nowadays, there are a lot of ways in knowing what type you are and understanding the symptoms and treatment. One of it is through a book titled diabetes for dummies.
Diabetes for dummies is a book by Alan L. Rubin which tells you anything about diabetes, including how to treat it successfully. In its Diabetes for dummies 5th edition, all the information about diabetes has updated and revised based on new advances. There are a lot of latest information of diabetes treatments and medications, new findings about diabetes, latest ways to know its symptoms and signs, new ways for calculating blood glucose levels, and many more. This book surely will help your get over from diabetes. Besides diabetes for dummies, there are also several related books such as Type 1 diabetes for dummies, Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies, Pre-diabetes For Dummies, and others. All these books can be a perfect guide for the beginners.
What’s in diabetes for dummies?
As it has been explained, there are a lot of things that you can learn about diabetes in this book. Alan, a professional Endocrine Society and American Diabetes Association member will share you how to treat your diabetes correctly. In the first part of the book, you can learn about how to deal with Diabetes 9, how to understand types of diabetes 33, and how to diagnose it through glucose levels and hemoglobin A1c19. Then, on the next part, there are a lot of ways to avoid diabetes complication. The part three will help you in managing diabetes through healthy lifestyle. Meanwhile, the part four tells about special consideration having diabetes; moreover, the last part explains about diabetes myth, commandments for diabetes care, and others.
In his books, diabetes for dummies, Alan says that diabetes is caused by excessive glucose in someone’s blood. This could be leads you to a serious problem if it is left untreated. Therefore, you need to have diabetes test, follow basic rules for diabetes lifestyle, and doing diabetes care for controlling the disease. If you are confused of the time you need testing your diabetes levels, These American Diabetes Association‘s guidelines may help.
- If you are a person with diabetes symptoms such as frequently feel thirsty, having weight loss, and frequent urination, you need to get tested as soon as possible.
- If you are now over 45, you should have test at least each three years.
- Moreover, if you are having obesities, having parents with diabetes, delivering baby over 9 pounds, having high blood pressure, you also need to test it immediately, even you are at younger age.
There are actually several types of diabetes, here are those types!
- Type 1 diabetes: This normally happens with children and adolescents. It occurs as the immune system damages the cells which pancreas producing insulin. To get over it, you need have daily insulin injections.
- Type 2 diabetes: This becomes the common type which occurs in humans. This happens due to the pancreas cannot produce the required insulin, or the cells cannot respond the insulin anymore. However, this can be controlled through a diet and exercise.
- Gestational Diabetes: This only happens in pregnant women. It is caused by the pancreas that cannot produce enough insulin for controlling glucose level. Therefore, it will be so much better if you get tested at least when you are on 27weeks pregnant.
- Pre-Diabetes: It is diagnosed as people show the symptoms and signs of having high blood glucose levels. They normally will have problem in making it down. One surprising fact is, more than 40 million actually have Pre-Diabetes. If it is left untreated, this could lead to Type 2 Diabetes. To get over this type, you need do healthy diet and exercise regularly.
After having a diabetes test, and it shows that you have diabetes, you need to control it in right ways. Here are the guidelines!
- Ready to diet: You need to devout dieting and have a good eating schedule and plan.
- Do exercise: As it is known, burning your calories may help your heart healthy.
- Know things about diabetes: Diabetes has several types, you need to know at what type you are. After that, learn new thing about how to manage it.
- Do medical checkup regularly: It is better for you to check your blood sugar levels regularly. Do not forget to check it at accurate intervals.
source video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6738rN1qfes
Those are some guidelines for controlling your diabetes. There are actually more things to do to help you get over from diabetes. Actually, diabetes is not bad as you think. However, it can get worse and become a deadly disease if it is not treated immediately. Diabetes is always increasing globally, there are millions people in the world are now living with diabetes. If you, your parent, or relative is having diabetes, make sure to control it with the right guidelines. Diabetes for dummies is a perfect book for every beginner that has diabetes. It can truly help you monitoring and controlling your diabetes and keep your life healthy. Diabetes for Dummies is one of reliable guide that help you to get over from diabetes.